Victoria School of the Arts offers students many opportunities for involvement and participation through the Student Leadership course. Students build leadership and citizenship skills through:
- Community activities
- Student activities that promote a positive school climate
- International projects to support communities in developing countries.
Students that are involved in the leadership course will have the opportunity to attend conferences both in Edmonton and around Canada. They will also have the opportunity to develop clubs including both local and internationally based activities for the school community and volunteer for events that occur throughout the school year such as:
- hosting at Grade 10 orientation day and welcome week activities
- fundraising activities for various community charities: Uganda Children's Project, Food Bank, Santas Anonymous, United Way, Mennonite Centre and the Mustard Seed Church.
- working an inner-city soup kitchen
- hosting a Community Halloween Party and Touch of Class Day
- neighbourhood appreciation activity delivering cookies and positive greetings volunteering at senior citizen lodges and day care facilities
- creating informative wall displays on timely topics as well as numerous other activities.
If you want to become more involved in school, our Student Leadership course offers an exceptional experience in communication and interaction skills.
Leadership opportunities at Victoria is available to all students. It is project based so students have the opportunity to participate at their own level of involvement. The rewarding nature of these leadership activities enriches the high school experience. In addition, the majority of scholarship opportunities available to high school students require a commitment to service and leadership.